This article walks through how to install the 3.9.68 patch to your Championship Manager 01-02 installation in a Crossover bottle.
In my previous post I walked through how to get Championship Manager 01-02 running on M series MacOS. Here we patch that install to the final production version released by Eidos.
- Install Championship Manager 01-02
- Patch Championship Manager 01-02 to 3.9.68
- Update Championship Manager 01-02 game data
- Update Championship Manager 01-02 background images
- Import Championship Manager 01-02 tactics packs
- Using Nick’s Patcher for Championship Manager 01-02
There are two main reasons that you will want to patch your CM01/02 install to 3.9.68. Firstly - it will fix all of the below problems, most of which I did not notice first time around. Second, and more importantly, you will need to have patched to 3.9.68 if you want to install any of the data updates that continue to be maintaned even now.
- Compensation is now paid to players former club for non Bosman 2 transfers
- Fixed potential crash when reminders are generated for player notes
- Brazilian National First and Second divisions now use playoff stage for history and not league table
- Fixed problem with Libertadores Cup picking wrong Brazilian teams sometimes
- Three regional Brazilian championships now award prize money if their playoff match is not needed.
- West Ham duplicate strikers bug fixed
- Finnish Premier Division teams corrected
- Games not running in all languages fixed
- ARSE command problem fixed
- England + English Conference + Scotland problem fixed
- Australian NSL: Number of teams entered to comp fixed, number of foreign players allowed bug fixed
- Player surnames not appearing on Team of the week screen fixed
- Fixed problem with Polish First Division relegations
- Fixed problem with Argentine Second Division
- Korean Extended length of Media strings
- Korean Updated Korean player and team data
Firstly, head over to champan0102.net, and download a copy of the patch.
Right click on your bottle in Crossover, and select the install software into… option from the menu.
Select the first edit button to choose the file that you want to install, and select the file that you just downloaded.
Install the patch, working your way through the couple of dialogues that prompt.
Load up CM0102 to make sure that the version number has upversioned to 3.9.68.