This video walks through how to share files between the Virtual Windows XP Machine that we created in UTM, and the filesystem on your MacOS machine.
This is a really boring video - but you will need to know how to set this up, to be able to transfer game installation files and patches to use on the virtual machine (other than ISOs which can be directly mounted).
The only prerequisite is that you need to have installed a Windows XP Virtual Machine on your Mac using UTM. If you have not come across the video, click through here.
- Create a local network on your XP machine - set is to file and printer share, or turn off the firewall completely.
- Shut down the virtual machine.
- Change the network type in UTM from VLAN to shared network.
- Reboot the machine.
- Obtain the IP address of the local network that you created.
- Connect to that network in MacOS using Go > Connect to server in finder.
- Enter your IP address as follows
smb://192.168.xx.yreplacing x and y as appropriate.
- Enter your username which will be
Administratorand password which I left blank.
- Select SharedDocs to mount the entire Shared Documents Area.
- You will need to repeat points 6-9 periodically if the network is disconnected.
Hope that you found this article useful, please feel free to let us know by waving kudos or commenting below or on the video in Loom.